Beautifully situated between two green hills we propose the construction of an appealing oasis available to all generations. The program includes housing, a kindergarten and a nursing home, innately promoting cross-generational activity and diversity: one of the necessities for creating a sustainable future.
That the buildings themselves are equally sustainable
- designed to reduce noise pollution and constructed entirely out of wood – goes without saying.
Upplands Väsby, Stockholm, Sweden
Housing, kindergarten and nursing home
10 000 m2
Feasibility study, 2019
Kayrokh Moattar, Frantisek Orth, Niels Pettersson Sandmark
A Place that...
- invites to cross-generational interaction
- intensifies the connection between public recreational areas and nature
- provides a pleasant micro climate while keeping the noise out
- is a great environment for learning
- is designed, built and managed with minimal environmental footprint
- is attractive and relates to the human scale